After breakfast we headed to the Yaquina Head light house because my bucket list for the trip was to climb to the top but there is only enough space for 15 people at a time and I needed 6 spaces so we were there early to wait in line for the first session of the day which was 12:00 noon and we were there at the visitor center and able to get tickets.
After we played around at the visitor center for a while we headed down to the tide pool area which was a lot of fun! My kids could have spent hours there.
I'm not sure why I have my thumb in the way, I guess I wasn't paying attention.
Finally it was noon and we got to start our tour which I found fascinating. I loved hearing how it was built and how and the process of getting everything up there and where everything came from that they used to build it, how they use to tend the light house, how many keepers there were and about the thriving farm lands and families that lived there.
After we left the light house we had a little picnic lunch and then headed across the beautiful Yaquina Bay bridge to the Oregon Coast Aquariums. Which was pretty neat and had lots of good reviews but was very similar to the one we saw in Seward, Alaska so we weren't as impressed as everyone said we would be.
After we left Newport we stopped in Yachats to do a little Agate hunting along the beach which was on Aiden's bucket list for the trip. We found a lot and it was quite fun to just walk along the beach.
As we drove to our Hotel for the night we stopped several time to look at different places that Pinterest or Yelp said were fun places to stop, we grabbed a bite to eat and then stopped for the night at about dark in North Bend, OR.
I was simply amazed by all the architecture of all the beautiful bridges in every town!
No comments:
Post a Comment