At the beginning of the year 2014 we sat down and made a goal to go camping this year, rather than just say we'd like to like every other year. We opened the calendar and picked the second weekend in July and wrote it on the calendar so that we could schedule around it and make it a priority. We started planning for it in June and had decided we would go to Iron Lake because we had gone when we were first married and enjoyed it and then we would be able to hike down to lower Iron Lake for a little fun during the day. We had planned to go up on Friday and come home Saturday. My sister in law Carla convinced us to go up with them on Thursday and so we had got everything ready
and David was going to go to work for half a day and we were going to leave at noon after the last swim lesson got over. I called David on my way down to the first swim lesson and he had informed me that he had had an accident at work. I dropped Kendra and Trevyn off to swim lessons and ran to David's work to check on him. He was trying to decide if he needed to go to the hospital or not. I ran back and forth from the park to his work until he finally decided that he was going to go home and "rest" and see how he felt. Everyone was so disappointed that we weren't going to go that I decided I would just take the kids which forced David to decide quickly what he was going to do. I then began packing the truck by myself and getting everything we needed by the time I was done packing everything I wasn't sure I wanted to go.
Needless to say we got on our way and had an enjoyable camping trip. If we had a few less mosquitos it would have been much better!

Our cute Tent
Dallin fishing with dad.
Dallin getting ready for our hike down to lower Iron lake.
Dallin showing off Kendra's fish.
Aiden's fish
The kids had so much fun fishing, riding four wheelers, playing in the water,
running around, and playing games.
We ended up making it camping twice this year which was a personal record for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment