Thursday, February 11, 2010
To Sleep Or Not To Sleep?
So for the past month this has been the scenario- 4 am on the dot, wake up because baby is moving a ton, have to got to the bathroom, then I lay in bed trying not to think of anything(David's suggestion) so that I can go back to bed. Look at the clock 4:30, lay there some more look at the clock 4:45, then 5:00, then 5:30, somewhere around 6:00am I fall back to sleep for a few short minutes(it seems) before having to get up to wake Aiden up for school and make a lunch for him, make sure he eats a good breakfast and that he is moving fast enough to not miss the bus. I keep wondering when the lack of sleep will catch up to me and I can finally sleep all night. I don't mean to sound like I am complaining, I am just tired of it. When I got on to type this I read my sister in laws blog and realized that the few things that I am facing right now in my life are very trivial things compared to others trials.
A while ago a friend had said to me that she thought I had changed in the past few months, this has really bothered me and caused me to ponder about the "changes" in my life. A few months ago I got a new calling, being a president of an organization I have found is way different than just being a councilor (I would much rather be a councilor, actually I would love my old calling back.) I always thought that presidents delegated the responsibilities and that there wasn't a ton of stuff on my shoulders, boy was I wrong. I have been in a YW presidency before and thought it was a wonderfully functioning program, I am not feeling that way about mine (maybe It's because I had a good president to follow and I am not a good president.) I am really trying not to complain because I did say yes, and I want to serve the Lord. I have felt the added stress of that greatly not to mention that a week or so after I was called I found out that I was pregnant(not the best timing, but I suppose it is the Lords timing). Since I was called to my new calling I have had strep throat twice and have had an added worry of trying not to get a kidney stone since I was told that If I got pregnant it would defiantly happen. I also have a family to take care of and not to mention that I do not take the time to read my scripture, say prayers, write in my journal, or all the things that I would like to do because once the kids go to bed I sit down on the couch to "relax" and ultimately fall asleep there. So have I "changed", yes probably so. Is it a good thing? It is supposed to be, isn't that what helps us grow? So, I will try not to let it bother me that I've changed, and in so doing have lost friends.
Anyways I don't usually share so much with the world but here are my random thoughts at 4:00 am! Am I tired? Am I hormonal? Who knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry you're having a hard time. I know how difficult not sleeping is...since Kanyon was born 3 years ago, we usually only sleep all the way through the night about once a month. It's hard to function properly during the day with a tired soul. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh Gina, I truly feel your pain. I forgot how stressful and hard on the body being pregnant can be. Hang in there cutie. Don't worry about friends. Those that truly care about you won't worry about your changes. True friends tend to overlook those things. When your a grown up you have a lot more responsibilities. Sometimes frienship gets put on the back burner, not necessarily because you want it to but because it's the nature of things. I hope you'll be able to sleep better soon. I know it was making me have meltdowns. 2 hours a night wasn't cutting it. The week before I saw my doctor I had a nervous breakdown in the warehouse at work. Poor Jason didn't know how to help me. I got so sick the week before cause of no sleep. This was my third illness since Thanksgiving and my worst. My doctor prescribed me Ambien so I could finally sleep. It has no side affects and isn't habit forming. Maybe you could ask your doc if there's something that could help you. Jason noticed a difference in me within a couple of days and I feel a lot better. I know how frustrating it can be cause you don't feel like yourself. My little guy kicks mostly at night too. I hope that's not a sign of things to come. (baby awake at night, yikes!) I think your doing great in your calling. Sometime young women's can be so hard, but you never know your influence in their lives. I'm proof of that. I'm thankful for the young women leaders I had who tried to do what's right. It took till I was an adult for them to see the "fruit of their labors". BTW the auction was fun, despite the fact I ended up coming home with some weird stuff. :)
ReplyDelete