Friday, January 15, 2010

January Happenings

The kids have been wanting to build a snowman all year
so one day when they got home from school they rushed
to build a snowman before dark.
Aiden donated the hat. Kendra donated the scarf. Last year David wanted to build a snow shelter/cave for him and the kids to sleep in, but it did get done last year. So they decided to do one this year.
Digging the inside out. I didn't get a picture of
Aiden digging it out but he did do a lot of work
on it!
Last night they slept in it and said it was
pretty warm for a winter camping trip but not a
comfortable night sleep and they are dragging
today!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like David is ready to be the next scoutmaster and lead the klondike derby! Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap you guys are brave. Jason told me Wyatt and him were going to sleep in the clubhouse this weekend and I started laughing and told him I wouldn't lock the front door. He invited me along and I just gave him the "are you nuts" look. Way to go Hobbs'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is the most impressive snow fort I have ever seen. I can't believe they actually slept in it! What fun memories! They will have great stories to tell their kids some day.

    ReplyDelete