Monday, June 8, 2009

Our 1st Official Week Of Summer

This is how I thought I'd feel about Summer, but It hasn't been bad except for the occasional "I'm bored" or the now dreaded words "can I have a friend over", there is 3 of them can't they be entertained by each other? Do they have to watch T.V. all day? Is it really only been 1 week since school has been out? This is what has happened on our First Official Week Of SuMMER: We poured our garage apron. We have been pouring a little concrete for some sidewalks and an apron into our garage and we will also be pouring an entryway up to our porch as we attempt landscaping our yard as well. It is a huge job! The look on Trevyn's face is how I feel while working on it, but oh how nice it will be to have it done. We pick something every year to work on. Last year was a fence around our yard and the planting of a lawn and our 1st garden! Aiden lost another tooth. One of my least favorite thing that happens in life is the loosing of teeth, especially the front ones. Maybe it is because of the school pictures I have of my front teeth being gone(not cute!), but hay maybe it is a good thing that it happened at the beginning of summer break so that it has time to grow back before picture day in September (Although Aiden doesn't care, it was cool to him especially cause it happened at church.) (aren't the capri's, socks, & shoes cute!) Learning To Ride A Bike. Kendra asked for her training wheels off her bike last week and I told her that she would have to wait until her dad came home. She was waiting on the front porch waiting for him to come home most of the day and when he finally came home he took her training wheels off and they practiced the rest of the night, the next day she practiced a little on her own and by lunch time was begging me to put her training wheels back on. Her dad came home that night and by bedtime she was a regular bike rider. She sure caught on fast! (First Night)

Another fun thing we got to do this week was to go to Kuna to visit

our cousins and attend Nate and Tanner's Baptism

Congratulations Nate & Tanner

The Day Of The Baptism. Thanks so much Hobbs family for your hospitality and letting us enjoy this special event with you guys! That pretty much sums up our first official week of summer, hope the next week is just as good!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a fun week to me. I hope the rest of the summer is that exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete