I have wanted to start a tradition with our children that when they turned 12 we take them to the temple for the first time. I had it all planned(I am a huge planner) out that we would take Aiden one Saturday
in September. Well after the whole fiasco with my kidney problems in July and August, I really felt like I couldn't ask someone to take my kids for a whole day and my kids didn't really want to be left.
Then football and fall hit and it was crazy. When I had heard that the Idaho Falls Temple would be closing for a year and a half I knew we needed to go before it closed. Aiden had a game on the first Friday in February in firth and I knew we would be down there and so I asked David if we could go to the temple after his game and then stay the night and he agreed to it! I was SO excited I then began planning. I did Family History for weeks to come up with names and I was so excited to take my first born to the temple with family names. We had invited our friends the Linger who's son's birthday was about 2 week after Aiden's and they had wanted to bring Wyatt to the temple as well. I wasn't sure if my family was more excited to go to the temple or to have the Linger's go with us! It was such a fun and emotional day, emotional to have my son with me and emotional because I was able to get baptized for my Grandma who I dearly loved. There was no doubt that she was there and that she accepted the invitation, I felt her spirit very strongly. I was so grateful for the experience we had at the temple and for our dear friends the Linger's that we have had the opportunity to get to know better!
No comments:
Post a Comment