Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December Festivities

So I hate to admit this, but I usually dread the long breaks my kids have from school, so I decided that I was going to try to just have fun with them this Christmas break and so I tried to have a better attitude. David took them sledding one day around our house and pulled them on the four wheeler after we had gotten some new snow. Also we went sledding with our friends the Tolmans' one day- It was a lot of fun and really wore the kids out. Here are some pictures of us sledding with them.
Every year we act out a live nativity with family, we read the story out of the scriptures found in Luke and we all dress in character. This year David & I were Mary & Joseph and Dal was baby Jesus. Aiden was a wise man, Kendra was an angel, and Trev was a very tired little cow.
CHRISTMAS MORNING
Dal with his new toys.
Trev with his 3 guns(that is all he wanted for Christmas!)
Kendi sporting her new jammies, skirt, boots, puppy, etc.
Aid opening his gifts. Then.. Trev's 3rd Birthday
Snowman cake
Yet, another gun
(he got 3 more guns for his birthday, for a total of 6.)
After he blew out the candles.
After Trev's little party we decided to take a trip to Missoula to stay at a hotel that we had heard about that had water slides.
Here's David in the kiddie pool holding Dal
(funny quote by Kendra: "Mom, why do they call it the kiddie pool?"
Me: because it's for kids.
Kendra turns to Trev- Do you want to play in the kiddie pool?
It's for kids, not for kitties.
They had so much fun climbing the few stories up to the top of the slides
and then sliding down. They were so tired after an hour and a half, they went to
sleep pretty easy. I forgot to post a picture but Kendra got her ears pierced
this trip too.

No comments:

Post a Comment