Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BOYS!

I was thinking the other morning while I was lying there awake. Other than having babies, I have been to the hospital 4 times and all but one of them was because of my boys. The first time I went to the hospital was when I was 2 months pregnant with Aiden and I had a severe case of food poisoning that lasted for 48 hrs before I convinced myself that I needed to go to the emergency room, that was my first hospital experience and I hated it! Then Aiden was born. :) My second hospital experience was when I was pregnant with Trevyn and I soon figured out what a kidney stone was after 4 days I ended up in the hospital down in Idaho Falls to have it removed via a uriteroscopy because I wasn't able to pass it on my own. My third experience was random, none of my boys contributed to it, I think it was my lack of water drinking to be honest but yet another kidney stone about one year ago and I was back in the hospital for lithotripsy this time. My fourth experience was about three weeks ago, I went to my doctors appointment as normal and my blood pressure was high and I guess it hasn't been normal this whole pregnancy(I'm having another boy) but it was really high this particular day and the doctor came in and said I am going to admit you to the hospital overnight for some tests, I thought he was kidding but apparently he wasn't. So off to the hospital we went, they did there testing and I was given the steroid shots to develop the lungs in case they had to take the baby early and then we finally were able to come home about midnight Monday morning. I have to be on blood pressure medicine to control my blood pressure through the remainder of this pregnancy and then we will see how it goes after delivery. I do however have to have 2 bpp's(ultrasounds) a week and sometimes if things are not looking good a NST to monitor the baby. I also have to get my blood pressure taken twice a week as well. It is kind of annoying but we hope that we have a healthy baby. I just wanted to share some of my random thoughts about the boys in my family. They are so darn cute and worth all the hospital visits!

1 comment:

  1. I'm beginning to think there is something up with boys! Aubrey was a perfectly healthy, laid back baby, my poor Hudson is constantly sick and constantly on the go! I can barely keep up with him most days, I don't know how you do it with two (almost three!). :)

    ReplyDelete