Friday, March 20, 2009

Something I learned

Well I guess that I should post something to tell you what I have learned, I recently(Wednesday Morning) had my second 6mm kidney stone that I could not pass on my own. As I layed in the ER in Salmon I was in a lot of pain but realized that there must be something that I have to learn from this, since the ER doctor told me that there wasn't anything I could have really done to prevent this, it was just "bad luck". I thought of the things that I had learned. #1- someone always has it worse(I was talking to my sister-in-law the other day about our trials, apparently this is my trial-I grow kidney stones.) as I was in the ER there was a lady that had been brought into the curtain (semi-private room) next to me and she began to tell of all her symptoms and her prior surgery's to the nurse and I cringed. Also the lady across from my hospital room at EIRMC looked like she was on her death bed and I had to have David shut the door every time the nurses left it open. #2- I thought of the pain that I was feeling both this time and the last time I was hospitalized for the same thing and thought of the excruciating pain that the Savior must have felt. I felt bad that he suffered for me and for my sins. I can't imagine how he must have felt. I am so thankful for my Savior and for his sacrifice. I know that he knows me and is aware of what I am going through and that he was with me the entire 2 days. #3-Even though I complain about living in Salmon sometimes I was glad that we had family to help us care for our children and friends that do care about me. #4-I missed my kids like I never thought I would, I always joke about a break from them but It was terribly depressing with out them. I had to call at night before bed to talk to them and again in the morning before Aiden went to school. I could not wait to get home to see those 3.

1 comment: